In this article, we will show you the meanings of the Honda CR-V dashboard warning lights.
Honda CR-V dashboard symbols come on both when there is a malfunction in your vehicle, if any of your vehicle’s systems are working or if there are situations in your vehicle that you need to check.
Every time you start your vehicle or turn your ignition key to the on position, some vehicle warning and warning lamps on the vehicle’s front instrument panel turn on and off for a short time. If one or more of these fault signs continue to illuminate, it indicates that your vehicle has some problems.
Dashboard lights are usually color-coded. As a rule, there are three classes of dashboard lamps, easily distinguishable by color. Usually the colors are red, yellow and green. These colors are similar to traffic signal lamps in terms of color and meaning. Red indicates a potential safety issue or serious problem and you may need to stop the vehicle quickly. Amber (sometimes orange) dashboard lights usually mean that something will need to be repaired or serviced and carefully operated shortly. Green (sometimes blue) instrument panel lights usually indicate that a system is on or operational.
In addition, a flashing dashboard warning light notifies the driver of the emergency of the system to which the light refers. It is recommended that you have your vehicle connected to a diagnostic device at the service in a short time.
You should study your vehicle’s owner’s manual and learn the meaning of each warning lamp on the car dashboard. This will guide you in case one of the warning lights comes on.
Although vehicle dashboard lights vary by vehicle, examples of very common warning and information lights that may appear on your vehicle’s dashboard are given below. In the example below, numbers are given next to the most frequently used warning and warning signs. In a subparagraph you can see what these fault signs mean.
Honda CR-V Dashboard Symbols and Meaning
1.Front fog light on sign
2.Rear fog lamps on lamp
3. If you see this sign on the car dashboard, you know the signal is on. This warning lamp, which comes on when the quads are on, is used in emergency situations and when parking.
4.It is one of the car malfunction signs that indicate that the long-range headlights are on.
5. It is a warning lamp that indicates that the low beam headlights, signals and taillights in the car are on or defective.
6.Orange bulb is a vehicle warning lamp that turns on when any of the parking, brake, rear fog, signal, interior lighting and license plate lamps and daytime running lights are faulty.
7. This symbol on the vehicle instrument panel lights up when there is a fault in the outer brake bulb.
8. It is one of the vehicle instrument panel signs that show the headlight level control system malfunction.
9.Adaptive light system is a warning light. It adjusts the high and low beam angles of the vehicle headlights according to the road condition.
10. If the low beam headlights are on, it is the sign seen on the front panel.
11. It is a vehicle warning sign that lights up when the low beam headlights are turned on when the vehicle system is operating in daylight.
12. The symbol that appears in cases such as dead battery, battery failure, charger (alternator) failure. If the battery light is on while the engine is running, there is a problem.
13. Sun-like red color vehicle indicator light. Indicates that the vehicle has an outside light that is not working properly. This type of vehicle indicator signs are non-urgent warnings. 14. These warning lights indicate that the vehicle’s overdrive system is turned off manually.
14. Blue or reddish color O/D OFF warning light. It means Overdrive Off. This symbol indicates that the vehicle’s overdrive system has been turned off manually.
15. This sign may indicate a traction control or communication problem between modules, as well as a lighting or other electrical problem.
16. Shoes in orange color circle. If you see this warning lamp on the front panel of your vehicle, press the brake pedal so that the engine starts.
17. This vehicle warning light turns on and goes off when the vehicle is first started. If this warning light starts to come on while your vehicle is in motion or if it does not go out after the vehicle starts, it means that your vehicle needs to be taken to the service immediately. If it is flashing, you should show your vehicle to the service.
18. If you see this symbol on the dashboard of your vehicle, it means that the computer controlling the engine indicates limited engine power output. This issue usually requires diagnosis with a professional scan tool.
19. If this sign, which indicates that there is a serious injection error, comes on during the journey, it may be necessary to stop the vehicle and call the authorized service.
20. This vehicle warning lamp means Catalyst system malfunction.
21. Engine coolant is overheated. When this warning indicator comes on, it means the engine is overheating. When the temperature gauge warning light comes on, you should stop the vehicle immediately and wait for the engine to cool.
22. Vehicle warning lamp that means the engine air filter is dirty or old. The indicators in the car are to extend the life of your car and protect your driving safety. Pay attention.
23. These car indicator lights are a sign of low fuel. When gasoline is low, its color is yellow. It turns red when it’s almost finished. After it turns yellow, you have approximately 7 liters of gasoline left in your fuel tank.
24. Vehicle instrument panel signs that mean the vehicle engine fuel filter is dirty or defective.
25. It is one of the car warning lamps related to the fuel filter. This indicator light means that the water in the fuel filter has reached maximum capacity. Drain the water from the filter.
26. Red oil pot icon. It usually lights up with 3 beeps. Oil level is low. If this warning light is on on your instrument panel, it is necessary to stop the vehicle immediately, check the oil level from the dipstick, add oil until it reaches a sufficient level, and inform the authorized service. Sometimes, even though the engine oil level is sufficient, this warning light may come on in blockages caused by the use of bad oil.
27. Oiler icon with SENSOR next to it. Lights up with a single beep. This means there is a problem with the oil level sensor. You should check the oil level to be sure, If the oil level is good, either the sensor is faulty or the sensor wires are damaged. Incorrect wiring can also cause this problem.
28. YELLOW warning with oil can and text “Min” with a single Beep. This tells you that the oil level has reached the minimum threshold. It is not a very urgent warning. But it means you need to add oil as soon as possible.
29.Change Engine Oil warning sign turns on when the engine oil life is over and when it is time to change the oil.
30. The gas cap control light indicates that the gas cap is not properly tightened. If not addressed, the Check Engine Light will often come on as well.
In-vehicle indicators specific to Diesel Vehicles and their meanings
31. When this fault lamp comes on in diesel vehicles, it means that the diesel particulate filter is filled with excess soot. If you drive your vehicle in 4th or 5th gear above 2000 rpm for 15-20 minutes, the diesel particulate filter will be cleaned. If it still doesn’t go out, you should contact the service.
32. The light comes on when the ignition is switched on and goes out after a few seconds. If the light comes on while driving, it indicates that there is water in the diesel. When this type of vehicle warning lamps are seen, the authorized technician of the vehicle should be contacted as soon as possible.
33. This vehicle warning light indicates the risk of diesel particulate filter filling up. To clean the particle filter, drive your vehicle at an average speed of at least 40 km/h for 20 uninterrupted minutes until the indicator light goes out.
34. Vehicle warning light on diesel vehicles, indicating that the engine glow plugs are hot and the engine should not be started until this light goes out. If the glow plug fails, when you start the vehicle, white smoke may come out of the exhaust until the engine reaches the appropriate temperature. This means that the glow plugs must be replaced.
35. DPF Light (Diesel particulate filter warning icon for Diesel vehicles): The diesel exhaust particulate filter test has failed and needs to be serviced.
36. DEF Light (For Diesel vehicles): Warning light that means there is a low diesel exhaust fluid level.
37. AdBlue Tank Empty. It is one of the indicator lights of some diesel vehicles. Meaning: you need to fill the tank with more exhaust fluid.
38. AdBlue Failure Indicator light indicates that the AdBlue system is malfunctioning or the system is not filled with standard fluid.
Vehicle warning lamps related to mechanical parts are:
39. These vehicle indicator markings mean that the brake fluid is almost out. If your brake fluid has been changed recently, it could mean leaks or low brake pads are causing the problem.
40. These vehicle indicator symbols are only found on vehicles with automatic transmission. Indicates that you need to depress the brake pedal for the automatic shift lever to work.
41. It is a warning lamp showing that there is a problem in the hydraulic steering system.
42. It gives a warning if there is a problem in the air suspension or the compressor does not produce enough pressure.
43. Vehicle instrument panel lamp indicating a malfunction in the suspension system
44. It is the vehicle warning lamp that turns on when there is a problem with the automatic transmission.
45. If the gearbox is operating at an unsuitable temperature, it is the lamp that lights up. It is necessary to check the transmission oil level and the engine coolant level. The vehicle should be allowed to cool down at idle for 5 minutes in gear N position. It is an important warning light found in vehicle malfunction lamps.
46. It is the vehicle indicator symbol that lights up when the brake pads are worn. Even if only the pad is changed and the brake pad sensor is not changed, it is visible on the vehicle instrument panel. (for vehicles with brake-pad sensor)
47. All Wheel Drive. This symbol tells you that your vehicle is now running in all-wheel drive. When this illuminates, the torque is evenly distributed to all wheels. It can also turn amber color. In this case, we can say that the AWD system has some problems.
48. It is one of the vehicle malfunction lamps that tells that there is a malfunction in the 4 wheel drive system called AWD or 4WD.
49. It is the interior indicator light that indicates that the vehicle’s 4WD Lock mode is active.
50. It is the warning lamp on the vehicle instrument panel that turns on when more than one warning system is detected. Another warning light comes on with this lamp.
51. If the vehicle dashboard warning lamp illuminates while driving, it indicates an error in the injection computer or automatic transmission system.
52. Indicator light that comes on when there is a powertrain or AWD fault.
Let’s take a look at the car warning lights and signs related to weather conditions.
53. Winter mode button that you should use on icy and slippery roads.
54. It is the icon that shows the weather outside.
55. Light and rain sensor that reports the refraction and reflection of light during precipitation.
56. If this warning light is visible on the vehicle instrument panel, it means that the defrosting feature of the windshield is active.
57. This warning light in your car appears if the Rear window defroster is active. The heater on the rear windows heats the glass against frosting and fogging in winter. Not used in summer.
58. It is the vehicle warning lamp that turns on when the rain sensor is active.
59. It is one of the car indicators that light up when the automatic wiper is activated.
60. It is a warning lamp showing that the car washer water is over.
61. It is the following distance warning light.
62. It is a warning sign indicating that the speed limit is exceeded for vehicles with speed limit.
63. (Cruise control system)Lights up when cruise control is on.
64. It is the vehicle warning light that comes on when changing lanes without signaling.
65. The lane assist system indicator light illuminates so that lanes on the road can be detected.
66. It is the cruise control system, that is, the adaptive cruise control indicator.
67. It is the warning sign on the panel when any of the doors are open.
68. If the seat belt is not fastened, this vehicle indicator sign appears.
69. It is a warning lamp that warns when there is a malfunction in the tire pressure system or if there is a low pressure.
70. ABS warning lamp. If it does not illuminate when the ignition switch is in the “ON” position. If it doesn’t go out after it comes on and lights up while driving, it means it’s faulty.
71. This warning lamp comes on when the vehicle is fully parked and stopped and the gear is in ‘park’.
72. Parking aid system vehicle instrument panel markings.
73. This indicator light informs that the park assist pilot is operational.
74. ECO is the car warning indicator that appears when economical driving.
75. This warning on the vehicle instrument panel normally comes on when you apply the handbrake. If it appears constantly, be sure to completely disengage the handbrake. There may be a problem with the brake system. In this case, check the brake fluid. If it is missing, complete it. However, this may take you to the service. If the fluid is low, it means that your brake pads have completed their life or there is a leak in the system.
76. Wrench icon under steering wheel. Steering lock alert. If it is yellow, you should take the vehicle to the service, and if it is red, you should definitely not use it.
77. It is a warning lamp that indicates a malfunction in the airbag or seat belt system.
78. Vehicle instrument panel markings that mean the tailgate is open.
79. If the hood is open, this vehicle warning light will appear on the panel.
80. Warning lamp that means the key is not in the car. It also means that the chip of the key could not be identified.
81. Traction Control Light. The indicator light comes on when the vehicle TCS (traction control system) is activated. It is usually an indicator light that indicates that conditions are slippery.
82. When the airbag system is turned off, this warning lamp lights up on the vehicle instrument panel.
83. Ignition Key Alert. The indicator light means there is a problem with the ignition system or the vehicle key. It could be due to a glitch or a worn key.
84. Safety warning: If the symbol illuminates momentarily, the ignition key is locked and needs a key equipped with the appropriate transponder to restart. If the symbol appears when the vehicle is on, it typically indicates a malfunction in the safety system.
85. It is a warning lamp indicating that it is time to change the vehicle key fob battery.
86. Warning indicating malfunction of ESP (Electronic Stability Program): Indicates a problem with the vehicle’s traction control / anti-slip or electronic stability system
87. This vehicle warning light is active when downhill assist is on.
88. It is the warning lamp that appears on the vehicle instrument panel when the interior ventilation works.
89. Forward Collision Warning. This vehicle indicator light turns on when a potential collision is detected.
90. If an obstacle is detected in the blind spot, the indicator light will turn on. It is one of the vehicle warning signs to watch out for.
91. You need some rest. Maybe a coffee break.
In this article, we touched on the vehicle instrument panel signs and their meanings. Many of the new technology motor vehicles have these warning lights and are standard. Of course, depending on the class of your vehicle and the year of manufacture, some symbols may not be on your vehicle. Car warning lights and signs are designed for safe driving and long-lasting use.